This experience is perfect for Dads to spend some time being laughed at by their son. If that appeals, as long as the child is over 8 years of age (there is no upper age limit,) then this is the activity for you! Upon arrival, you will both be issued with tank suits and helmets and after a safety briefing and some history about the FV432 tank that you will be learning to manoeuvre, it’s time to get going!
Firstly your instructor will drive you around the track and you will both sit up in the turret seats enjoying the thrill of heading into the pits and peaks of our track from high up at the top of the tank.
After a lap of the track, you will park up at the target practice position- no not the cows, but the bulls eye target board and two tanks in the middle of the track. You will both learn to charge, load, aim and fire the 40mm air cannon fitted to the turret of the tank from battle position. The question is; who will be the best shot?
Next up it’s Dads turn to drive. Once the controls have been mastered, it’s a lap with the drivers hatch open followed by a lap in battle position with the drivers hatch closed seeing the track merely through the periscope.
The Dads and Lads experience isn’t like a Yorkie Bar, it can be for the girls too, it’s just that Dads or Mums and Lads or Daughters isn’t quite as snappy a title!
- This package is based on one adult/driver and one child/passenger or two adults (only one driver)
- Minimum age - 16 years Adult/Driver - 8 years Child/Passenger
- Duration - 45 mins approx
- Includes FREE museum entry for both participants!
- Availability - Saturdays, Sundays and selected Wednesdays April till October. For availability on other days/months please telephone the office.
- Driving Licence - Not Required
- Extra Passengers - maximum of 3 passengers (min age 8 yrs) - £20pp
- All passengers also gain FREE museum entry
- Spectators are welcome for a fee of £6pp which also includes museum entry.
- Maximum Height - 6ft 4' / 193cm
- Maximum Weight - 22 stone / 140 kg
*Terms and Conditions apply. This activity is weather dependent. Credit card fees may be charged.