On arrival you will be issued with your uniform and a helmet and once dressed, you will be introduced to your crew, instructor and 'home' for the next hour, 1 of our 15, turreted FV432 tanks. After a briefing on the vehicle you will take it in turns to drive around the beautiful Leicestershire countryside, once a World War II bombing range- initially with the hatch open and then under battle conditions through the periscope. When it’s not your turn to drive, you will sit in the turret and enjoy the ride!
Prefer to have a tank to yourself? Take a look at our Tank Driving Experience activity.
- Minimum Age - 16 years
- Duration - Safety briefing, 2 laps per person, approx 45 mins as a group of 3*
- Includes; tank driving, tank ride and entry to museum
- Extra Passengers. Maximum of 1 passenger (min age 8 yrs) subject to availability - £25p. Please note that passengers do not get to drive the vehicles and they are in addition to the 3 full paying customers.
- All passengers also gain FREE museum entry!
- Spectators are welcome for a fee of £7pp which also includes FREE FREE museum entry.
- Availability - Sundays and selected Wednesdays from April through to October.
- For availability on other days/months please telephone the office:
- Driving Licence - Not Required
- Maximum Height - 6ft 4' / 193 cm
- Maximum Weight - 22 stone / 140 kg
- Min Height - 4ft / 122cm
* The activity is based on the completion of a set criteria which can vary person to person and number of participants in tank, hence why timings are approx.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions this activity will be carried out with 2 persons per vehicle unless all 3 persons are from the same household/bubble.
GIFT VOUCHERS are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
This activity is weather dependent.
Terms and Conditions apply.